March 13, 2020
Dear Trenton Community: Below are decisions, happenings, procedures, and guidelines through Saturday, March 14, 2020:
1. High school and middle school athletic programs will follow all MHSAA guidelines in suspending competitions and practices during the period of March 13, 2020 until after Sunday, April 5, 2020. This will include program directed voluntary offsite practices or training sessions.
2. All district related trips through April 5 will be cancelled or rescheduled, if possible.
3. All non-athletic, extra-curricular activities are suspended through Monday, April 13, 2020.
4. High school administration is currently looking at dates to reschedule the spring musical.
5. Construction operations were suspended inside Trenton Public School buildings on Friday, but work will resume again on Monday, March 16, 2020. Project schedules will be shifted to utilize this break in our instructional programing. For your own safety and the safety of our contractors, do not enter construction zones.
6. Trenton Public Schools will be providing meals to Trenton youth starting Monday, March 16, 2020, through Friday, April 3, 2020. This will pertain to all children under the age of 18 who are Trenton residents. The plan will be using the PM Arthurs Middle School bus routes as the delivery method. A detailed letter will be sent to you shortly outlining this new program. Please spread the word and encourage any youth in your neighborhood to participate.
7. General building access is limited to essential personnel during this shutdown that will extend to at least through April 5th, 2020.
a. Essential district staff will be in our buildings only as needed. This does not mean that our buildings are open to the public. We are working hard assure that our buildings will be a safe environment once this State of Emergency is over and classes are deemed safe to resume. Allowing buildings to remain as inactive as possible throughout these closures is crucial.
b. Students and parents will have an opportunity to access their personal lockers, locker rooms, and the band room to retrieve wanted materials. On Wednesday, March 18, 2020, all four district buildings will be open in the morning from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. and again from 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. in the evening.
c. Custodians are continuing their added cleaning routines during this closure and will continue this supplemented routine until our school environments are safe for students.
Superintendent of Schools